Bristol Airport (https://www.bristolairport.co.uk) is 13 km south of the city and provides several National, European and Inter-Continental connections. A frequent Airport Flyer Express bus connects the city centre to the airport.
Alternative airports include
- London Heathrow (direct bus connection via the National Express service)
- Birmingham Airport
- Cardiff Airport
To get to the University from Bristol Temple Meads:
- The 9 and 72 bus services from Bristol Temple Meads train station run a combined frequency of every 15 minutes at peak times and stop at Tyndall Avenue on the University campus. The journey takes about 20-30 minutes.
- The number 8 service from Bristol Temple Meads train station runs at least every 10 minutes at peak times and stops by The Berkeley pub on Queen’s Road opposite the Wills Memorial Building before heading towards the Richmond Building (Students’ Union) and Clifton village. The journey takes about 20-30 minutes.
- Taxis are available from the exit to the station. The journey should take about 15 minutes.
- Walking directions and routes (PDF, 498kB) to the University takes 30-40 minutes and will involve an uphill climb.
The nearest local train station to the University is Clifton Down. Services run about once an hour.
Coaches from a range of UK cities arrive and depart from Bristol Bus and Coach Station on Marlborough Street in the centre of Bristol.
See the University map for Walking directions and routes (PDF, 498kB) from the bus station.